Pasastainable, CA: Filling an information gap

A couple of weeks ago, as I was browsing the internet for sustainability events in Pasadena, I noticed a void. While each local grassroots organization, from the Altadena Community Garden to Transition Pasadena, has a website to present itself and keep readers in the loop, there is no URL dedicated to gathering all relevant information in one place.

With Pasastainable, CA I hope to fill that gap. The blog's When and Where? page lists the events of many local sustainability groups, and under the Who is who? tab you will find short descriptions of many local groups. In the News section I will be publishing short profiles of .orgs, interviews with the people behind them, mini features of events and lots of sustainability news from Pasadena and (sometimes) beyond.

As a newsroom-trained, professional reporter and editor, I strive first to inform my readers. On this blog I will follow good journalistic practices including truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity and fairness. I will label commentary and opinion pieces as such and maintain a clear line between news and advertising.

I would love to hear from you. To reach out to me please use the contact form in the right sidebar. Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!